Blue Leather Ottoman Pouf [Morocco]
This Blue Moroccan pouf with embroidery is made of genuine natural leather. Perfect as a footstool, extra seating, or as an elegant piece of decoration around your home, our pouf is practical, fabulous and multifunctional! Individual pieces of leather are dyed, stitched together and then decorated with intricate hand-sewing. We chose our collection to last a lifetime and showcase global handcraft talent. This pop of colour makes a great addition to any home.
-Contact us for shipping rates outside of the European Union (we need to calculate this individually)
- Made of natural leather in Morocco
- Beautiful quality (all things are not made equal)
- Hand-embroidered & hand-stitched
- Zippered bottom opening for easy stuffing
- Delivered Unstuffed
- Diameter 55cm
- Height 35cm (when stuffed)
- We aim to source globally, ethically & directly from artisans and weavers. This means we ship from source directly to you. Cutting out the 'middle man' is a small way we minimize our environmental impact.
- Please note that natural color variations, wrinkles and creases are part of the unique characteristics of leather and only add beauty and character to the item.
Poufs are delivered unstuffed. You can request we stuff it for you though. We like to give you this option and it just requires a message at the time of purchase. Our poufs are filled with shredded recycled fabric materials. This prevents the pouf from sinking too far when you sit on it, but keeps it lightweight. Keep in mind there may be additional shipping charges for stuffed items as they weigh around 11kg's.
These poufs date all the way back to the Ottoman Empire. This is why they are often called Ottoman's. The poufs were originally made as seating furniture to meet a utilitarian need. It was only afterwards that the Moroccan leather pouf was also used as a decorative item in the house.
In Morocco there are many talented craftspeople and their leather working techniques have been passed down through generations. The processing of the leather is carried out using ancient and traditional techniques and natural, unprocessed materials. The artisans make these poufs from tanned lamb or goat leather which is of high quality. We love them because they will last for years with some love and care. Many of these Moroccan leather poufs are also skillfully embroidered by hand for the ultimate decorative flourish.
We'd love to hear from you if you have any questions.
*We do our very best to make sure colours are as close to real life as possible. Your computer may not. Silly machines.