Cream Wool Blanket, Large [Siwa Oasis]
This is a typical, and beautiful, example of traditional blanket weaving. Siwa Oasis is located in the far Western reaches of Egypt's largest desert. Scorching hot during the day, desert temperatures drop drastically at night, especially during winter. These blankets are functional and used by locals. They also feature in all of the Oasis's boutique hotels.
Weaving, traditionally a women's craft, is a significant feature of social and economic life. These blankets tend to fluff and malt. Locals recommend a top sheet to limit the amount of fluff in your face. Makes sense to me. This is a fabulous addition to any bed.
- Brand new
- 1 of a kind handmade item
- Really fluffy, soft and super warm
- Cream wool woven with, white coloured, cotton warp threads
- Handmade on a traditional loom
- Dry-cleaned but still maintains a faint natural sheepy smell
- 2 x white cotton tassels have a faint pinkish stain
- Material- Natural, cream coloured, sheep's wool
- Length- 171cm (67.3 inch's)
- Width- 223cm (87.8 inch's)
- Weight- 4.9kgs (11lbs)
WOOL CARE & CLEANING
Super hard wearing you will probably want to clean your blanket yearly. Any stains should be sponged up with a damp cloth immediately (dab don't rub). Come summertime air your blanket outside to keep it fresh and at its best.
- Dry-cleaning is recommended.
- Hand washing with special wool detergent works too! You'll need a bathtub to fit this lovely as it's too big for a washing machine.
- Air dry after washing (never use a dryer).
- Dry lying flat as wool will stretch if you hang it whilst wet.
- Store out of sunlight in a sealed plastic/vacuum bag to keep nasty moths away.
We'd love to hear from you if you have any questions.
*We do our very best to make sure colours are as close to real life as possible. Your computer may not. Silly machines.