Disco Gold Ottoman Pouf [Morocco]
True love for the believers that gold is the new black. This Disco inspired Moroccan pouf is made of soft faux metallic 'leather'. Perfect as a footstool, extra seating, or as an elegant piece of decoration around your home, our pouf is practical, fabulous and multifunctional! Individual pieces of cut to measure, stitched together and then decorated with intricate hand embroidery. We chose our collection to last a lifetime and showcase global handcraft talent. This pop of bling makes a great addition to any home.
-FREE European Union Shipping.
-Contact us for shipping rates outside of the European Union (we need to calculate this individually)
- Made of soft faux 'leather' in Morocco
- Beautiful quality (all things are not made equal)
- Hand-embroidered & hand-stitched
- Zippered bottom opening for easy stuffing
- Delivered Unstuffed
- Diameter 55cm
- Height 35cm (when stuffed)
- We aim to source globally, ethically & directly from artisans and weavers. This means we ship from source directly to you. Cutting out the 'middle man' is a small way we minimize our environmental impact.
- Please note all of our poufs are handmade. This means they have quirks which add to their unique charm.
Poufs are delivered unstuffed. You can request we stuff it for you though. We like to give you this option and it just requires a message at the time of purchase. Our poufs are filled with shredded recycled fabric materials. This prevents the pouf from sinking too far when you sit on it, but keeps it lightweight. Keep in mind there may be additional shipping charges for stuffed items as they weigh around 11kg's.
These poufs date all the way back to the Ottoman Empire. This is why they are often called Ottoman's. The poufs were originally made as seating furniture to meet a utilitarian need. It was only afterwards that the Moroccan pouf was also used as a decorative item in the house.
In Morocco there are many talented craftspeople and their leather working techniques have been passed down through generations. We love these poufs because they will last for years with some love and care. Many of these Moroccan poufs are also skillfully embroidered by hand for the ultimate decorative flourish.
We'd love to hear from you if you have any questions.
*We do our very best to make sure colours are as close to real life as possible. Your computer may not. Silly machines.