Pom-Pom Hanging Basket of Joy- Small [Siwa Oasis]
- Totally unique, 1 of a kind, handmade item.
- Handcrafted by the women of Siwa Oasis.
- Vintage item in nice vintage condition (most wear is on the handle).
- Baskets are handmade so not symmetrical which adds to their charm.
- Material- Woven palm leaves with acrylic wool pom-poms & tassels.
- Height- 26cm (10.5 inch's)
- Circumference- 59cm (23 inch's)
- Length of handle- 26cm (10.5 inch's)
- Weight- 0.7kgs (1.5lbs)
The inhabitants of Siwa Oasis have been growing date palms for over 3,000 years. Siwan dates are of exceptional quality and taste which has been praised since Pharaonic times. It also explains why the oasis's ancient Egyptian name was Sekht-am, meaning “palm land.”
Nothing from the palms goes to waste. Fronds are used for brooms, beds, boxes, and other types of furniture, while the trunk itself is used in roofing and structural supports for houses.
We'd love to hear from you if you have any questions.
*We do our very best to make sure colours are as close to real life as possible. Your computer may not. Silly machines.