Striped Kurdish Vintage Siirt Kilim [Turkey]
Stripes are such an easy way to introduce pattern into your home. The joyful colours, warmth and texture this kilim would make a great addition to any interior. Be bold because if there's one thing 2020 has taught us....it's that life is too short to be dull!
- Free international shipping & insurance
- Taxes & duties not included as the item comes from outside of the EU
- We aim to source globally, ethically & directly from artisans and weavers. This means we ship from source directly to you. Cutting out the 'middle man' is a small way we minimize our environmental impact.
- Highly collectable item
- Vintage item approximately 50 years old
- Condition- Good vintage condition
- Care & Cleaning - advice from the Victoria & Albert Museum
- Technique- Kilim weave
- Material- natural wool
- Length- 1.14m [8ft]
- Width- 0.86m [3 .7ft]
This handwoven kilim has both unusual color combinations but also some of the softest wool I have felt on a kilim. Truly beautiful. Because of it's softness I would suggest it is best in a low traffic area. Like a bedroom or bathroom where you wouldn't wear shoes.
Our Kilim items are handmade.
Our vintage pieces are all preloved and due to the age and/or handmade nature of these items, minor signs of patination, fading, wear, or slightly unsymmetrical lines may be present. These are not considered flaws, they are part of their unique nature and why we love using them in our homes as they add both character and charm.
We'd love to hear from you if you have any questions.
*We do our very best to make sure colours are as close to real life as possible. Your computer may not. Silly machines.