Vintage Dowry Kilim [Turkey]
Support makers not machines! This kilim is a labour of love that a young woman would have invested 5-6 months of her life weaving. With rich colours, bold nomadic pattern and a generous size this kilim is a big statement piece. We think she'd look amazing in your lounge. Really.
- Free international shipping & insurance
- Taxes & duties not included as the item comes from outside of the EU
- We aim to source globally, ethically & directly from artisans and weavers. This means we ship from source directly to you. Cutting out the 'middle man' is a small way we minimize our environmental impact.
- Highly collectable item
- Vintage item approximately 50 years old
- Condition- Excellent
- Care & Cleaning - advice from the Victoria & Albert Museum
- Technique- Kilim weave
- Material- natural wool
- Length- 2.4m [7.8ft]
- Width- 1.67m [5.4ft]
These beautiful kilims were made by young nomadic woman in the village of Cal outside Denizli in Western Turkey . These designs embody the inheritance of tribal folklore and tradition passed down through generations. The nomadic peoples are known for their bold geometric designs and pastel tones. Sadly they have mostly been settled and have ceased their original weaving traditions. The good news is these kilims are a great investment piece which are known for their reasonable prices.
Our Kilim items are handmade.
Our vintage pieces are all preloved and due to the age and/or handmade nature of these items, minor signs of patination, fading, wear, or slightly unsymmetrical lines may be present. These are not considered flaws, they are part of their unique nature and why we love using them in our homes as they add both character and charm.
We'd love to hear from you if you have any questions.
*We do our very best to make sure colours are as close to real life as possible. Your computer may not. Silly machines.